Disclosure: We may earn money from the products mentioned in this post.
Touchscreens are really great, but sometimes it just isn't necessary to have them on. To disable your Windows 10 device touch screen, simply follow the instructions below.
- In the search box next to the start menu, type in Device Manager.
2. From here, click the drop-down arrow next to Human Interface Devices.
3. Select HID-compliant touch screen – be aware that there might be more than one. You will only be able to select one at a time.
4. Once selected and highlighted, click Disable device.
5. Repeat this for as many HID-compliant touch screen options listed.
6. To enable the touchscreen again, follow steps 1 to 3 and click Enable device for option 4. Ensure you do this on all HID-compliant touch screen options.